I love Super Bowl parties. Ever since I was young, I've enjoyed the social gatherings they bring and all the delicious food everyone supplies.
I almost had my first kiss at a Super Bowl party, but I chickened out. I was in the 7th grade and Brad was so dreamy, but I was wearing this stupid Sylvester and Tweety shirt which had a mustard stain on it and I was feeling less than glamorous. But I digress.
The past few years we have played a fun trivia game while watching the game progress that makes it more entertaining for even the non-fans of the party. My host from previous years always wrote out the quiz, but since I am going to a different party this year, I didn't want to miss the fun and created my own list. I used questions from other blogs and added a few of my own.
It is fun to liven up the answers and see who is really paying attention by tossing in funny choice selections, including the host or popular party guests.
The winner gets their name written on a football and it is passed down each year (or you can just give them a prize - 6-pack of beer, maybe?) and they get bragging rights.
In case you are looking for a little fun for your own party, here is my quiz for this year.
Super Bowl XLIV Quiz
1. At the coin toss, what will the player call?
a. Heads b. Tails
2. What will the result of the coin toss be?
a. Heads b. Tails c. The coin will land on its side
3. Who will win the coin toss?
a. Seattle b. New England c. Josh Taylor
4. Who will sing the National Anthem?
a. Taylor Swift
b. Idina Menzel
c. Adele Dazeem
d. I don’t know, but they will probably mess it up
5. Will an announcer discuss Deflategate before the game begins (before kickoff)?
a. Yes, they can’t let it go. B. No, it’s old news c. What is Deflategate?
6. After the coin toss, the first commercial will be?
a. Coca Cola b. Skittles c. Go Daddy d. Doritos e. BMW
f. Bud Light/Budweiser g. Other
7. Who will score first?
a. Seattle b. New England c. The 12th Man
8. The first score will be from?
a. A touchdown b. Field Goal c. Home Run
9. Who will be ahead at the end of the first quarter?
a. New England b. Seattle c. Tie Score d. The Refs
10. Who will be ahead at halftime?
a. Seattle b. New England c. Tie Score d. The cheerleaders
11. Who will punt first in today’s game?
a. Seattle b. New England c. There will not be any punts
12. What team will receive the kickoff in the second half?
a. Seattle b. New England c. The officials
13. Who will catch the first TD pass?
a. D. Baldwin
b. J. Edelman
c. R. Gronkowski
d. L. Wilson
e. R. Lockette
f. Demaryius Thomas
g. Jerry Rice
h. Someone else
14. What team will be penalized first?
a. Seattle b. New England c. There will be no penalties
15. What team will commit the first turnover?
a. Seattle b. New England c. There will be no turnovers
16. What team will score the first touchdown?
a. Seattle b. New England c. There will NO touchdowns
17. How long will the longest touchdown play be?
a. Over 39 and a half yards b. Under 39 and a half yards c. There will be NO touchdowns
18. Which team will challenge a play first?
a. Seattle b. New England c. There will be no coach challenges
19. Who will win the Super Bowl
a. Seattle b. New England c. SF Giants d. Tie game!
20. Give yourself a point for wearing gear from a team that is NOT in the Superbowl (no way weather fan here!)
21. Give yourself a point for wearing Seahawks or Patriots gear.
22. Will the camera show fat guys not wearing shirts?
a. Of course! It’s too hot for shirts!
b. Brrr….nope, they will be keeping warm.
c. Why would someone do that?!
23. Who will be the MVP of Super Bowl XLIX? ___________________
24. Who is the Half-time entertainment this year?
b. Bruno Mars
d. Justin Beiber
e. Katy Perry
f. Michael Jackson
25. Will people be shown holding a D and a fence cut out?
a. Of course! It is tradition!
b. No, that is lame?
c. I don’t get it.
26. A 30-second commercial during Super Bowl XLIX will cost how much?
a. About $1 million
b. About $4 million
c. About $10 million
d. They are buy one get one free
27. Will some guy on the sidelines get knocked down?
a. No, they know how to move out of the way. B. Yes, There is always at least ONE person!
28. What is the name of the Super Bowl trophy given to the winning team?
a. The World Cup b. World Champion Trophy c. Super Bowl Trophy
d. Vince Lombardi Trophy e. The Heisman Trophy
29. Will a player be obviously crying?
a. Yes b. No
30. What color Gatorade will be thrown on the winning coach?
a. Blue b. Red c. Other
31. What will the COMBINED total score be? (This is the tie-breaker question. In the case you have answered correctly the same number of questions as someone else the closest answer without going over wins.) Your answer:____________________