Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter beauty

I love the simple ways you can decorate for Easter.  For my mantle this year I wanted to keep with the modge podge vintage collections that make my home mine, but bring in a few elements of the holiday.  Awhile back my grandpa picked up a box of blue Ball mason jars from the local flea market and gave me a bunch so I grabbed one and filled it with speckled eggs.  I love how the pastel colors of the eggs compliment the light blue of the jar.

I usually keep torn books and crowns on my mantle.  My heart has a fondness for crowns - maybe this stems from my desire to be a princess when I grew up.  Either way, crowns are such a great symbol to remember my savior who worn the ultimate crown the day He died for my sins.  Therefore, it is perfectly fitting to have them on display this time of year.

The pink egg is my attempt at something I see all over a local antique store by my house.  Michael's sells these pastel foam eggs and I sprayed some with spray glue and then dunked in clear glitter.  So pretty!  Some crafters tie bows around them as well, but I didn't have any ribbons that I really cared to use.

Finally, my favorite crafted element on my mantle, my "H".  Soon, I will post a tutorial on how to make this little gem.  It's rather easy and only takes about 30 minutes or so.

Happy Easter!  He is Risen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment