Friday, January 31, 2014

{365} Challenge: Meal Planning for the month - February


Today's Challenge: Meal Plan for a Month!

For the month of February, I am focusing on loving my body.  That means this month I will be cutting out the crap I eat and getting back on the paleo/primal way of eating and doing the Whole 30 Challenge.  All of this month's recipes are part of that diet.  Considering the Super Bowl falls on the the second, this will truly be a challenge!

The Whole 30 Challenge means no weighing in for the whole month, eating tons of veggies and meat, some fruit, and NO alcohol, dairy, treats, sugar, breads, grains, etc.

Last year when I was really focused on this way of eating, I slimmed down a lot.  Then pregnancy happened.  With bathing suit and shorts season approaching, I want to feel comfortable to show some skin this year.  Not to mention, I have two boys who LOVE going to the local water park, but I am too insecure to take them.  We will fix that!

2/1: Pecan crusted chicken - recipe from Everyday Paleo
2/2: I will be making Marvelous Meatballs from Everyday Paleo and packing up some veggies and a baked sweet potato to have with me at the Super Bowl party.
2/3: Breakfast for Dinner with Paleo Pancakes, fruit and sausage.  I will be making extra to freeze for quick morning breakfasts.
2/4: Coconut battered Tilapia with garlic broccoli
2/5: Today is Older Boy's Birthday, so I am making him Almond Chicken fingers
2/6: Chicken fajitas over spinach
2/7:  I will be enjoying a salad with pulled pork from Chipotle* while the kids eat sliders and other junk for Older Boy's sleepover birthday party.
2/8: Salsa Pork Chops - slow cooker recipe
2/9: Grilled Pineapple BBQ Burgers with avocado creme
2/10: Banger's and Mash - you can find banger's in the sausage section of your grocery store.  These are white.  Don't be put off by the color - they are delicious!
2/11: Taco night!  Tortilla's for the family, extra avocado and veggies for me :)
2/12: Beef Stew
2/13: Chicken Avocado Salad
2/14: Bison Burger BLT - the hubby works on Friday nights so we are doing Valentine's day on Monday.  Hey - at least we avoid the crowds and up-charges at restaurants!
2/15: Chicken Tortilla-less Soup
2/16:  Breakfast for dinner - eggs, bacon, and fruit
2/17: Date Night!  Don't worry, I will order a steak or something ;)
2/18: Lemon and garlic crockpot chicken - I hate working with whole chickens, so I am substituting chicken breasts.
2/19: Baby Back ribs and broccoli
2/20:  Tex-Mex Crockpot Carnita's - I will be making multiple of these to freeze
2/21: Slow Cooker Lemongrass drumsticks
2/22: Spaghetti Squash Casserole
2/23: Italian meatballs with zucchini "noodles"
2/24: Turkey burgers and salad
2/25: Shepard's Pie  - I am subbing out white potatoes for sweet potatoes and making a few small changes to clean this recipe up. Shepard's Pie just sounded so good!
2/26: Brats with lemon-garlic asparagus
2/27: Breakfast for dinner - only because I wanted to try this recipe for paleo biscuits and gravy
2/28: Taco night again!  Plus, I just LOVE Mexican food.


Catch up on my other challenges here.

No comments:

Post a Comment