Sunday, May 25, 2014

{365} Challenge: Try a New Activity



Today's Challenge: Try a New Activity

Part of my birthday bucket list, and partly because I am working on getting fit - I am trying to find new activities that I can attempt.

Thanks to the suggestion of my friend, Christina, I woke up early (okay, normal time, but still early in the day) and headed off to try babywearing yoga with my babywearing group.  I have done yoga, maybe twice, ever.  It's not really my thing.  Originally I thought yoga was about stretching and feeling relaxed, but a quickly learned it is about getting deep stretches that hurt and give you an amazing workout.  I am not knocking the activity or those who do it, but it was not as fun as I imagined.

Even so, I figured I would give this variation of yoga a try and see how it went.  Despite my daughter giving up after 20 minutes, I did get some great stretching and relaxation in.  Baby B was pretty good and spent the time playing in front of me.  I would say this was a win.



Babywearing yoga allows parents an opportunity to bond with their baby in a relaxing environment.  Babies are continually monitored so that they are safe and secure.  It is very important to check and recheck the carrier during the class.  In our class we were able to do warrior pose, tree, and some other stretches that I never learned the names of.  Typical me!  

If you are interested in learning more about babywearing yoga, here is a good start, thanks to Ergo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment