Saturday, June 14, 2014

{365} Challenge: Plant a Garden

About 4 years ago, my husband was stationed in New Jersey and the kids and I were left in California without him for a year.  We took that time to move into a larger home (which ended up being very temporary, but that is another story) which had a raised garden already built in the backyard.  I spent the few months we were there to plant corn, tomatoes, strawberries, and beans; it was heaven.

I was sad to leave my little garden and have been wanting to start one at our current home for a long time.  Last summer, my husband was a sweetheart and dug out a part in our backyard and built me my garden bed.  

And it sat.

Today we decided to finish the garden we started a year ago.  The boys jumped in and we pulled, hoed and raked the weeds out in under an hour.  Many hands make light work, right?


We decided to plant strawberries, red bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, and pumpkins for this fall.  I am eager to taste our hard work!  



You can catch up on my challenges here.

No comments:

Post a Comment