Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Mama's Porridge

Happy Tuesday!  I have grown to love Tuesday's in our home.  Tuesdays are the day when both my boys are away at classes and the house is quiet (unless Baby B gets upset.)  Tuesday means I can catch up on chores and me-time.

One of the reasons Tuesday is so great is that I can be a little less rushed in the morning and make my kids breakfast.  I wanted to find something that was quick and easy to make, plus gave the boys a brain boost for the day, which lead me to oatmeal.  Added benefit: helps you produce milk when you are breastfeeding (yay, Baby B gets a benefit too!)

I served it up as oatmeal, but Older Boy insists it is "porridge."

Mama's "Porridge"


Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups water
2 cups rolled oats
dash of salt
4 tsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp. milk



Directions:
1.  In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.  Reduce heat to low and add oats and salt.  Cook until thickened, around 5-7 minutes.
2.  Place a teaspoon of butter in each of 4 bowls and then divide the cooked oatmeal evenly between the bowl.  Top each with about a tablespoon of brown sugar and milk, stir and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment