Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Eve Plates

Many of you are getting ready for the festive night ahead.  Maybe you are going out to a friend's house or maybe you prefer to stay in for a lo-key evening.  With a new baby at home, we are staying home and throwing a little party with our kids.  I have purchased some snacks, we have ribs marinating to grill, and plenty of kid and adult friendly beverages are waiting for us.

As I was putting together my decorations, I realized I didn't have anything festive for us to eat off of.  Sure, I could go buy some New Year's plates covered in 2014, but those would get tossed.  Even if we didn't use them all, they are only good for the one year.  It dawned on me that we should have something that could be used year after year.

By now I am sure most of you have seen the tutorials for using Sharpie's to decorate glass plates and mugs and then you bake the design into the plate.  That is what I did.  I found the plates at the Dollar Tree, in case you were wondering.

Make sure you clean your plate.  Rubbing alcohol works well.

Next, use your Sharpie to drawn on you design.  I did two plates with Roman numerals and two with numbers.

Now, you want to bake your plates at 400 degrees.  Put the plates in the oven so that they warm with the oven.

Cook for 30 minutes.  Once they are done, turn the oven off and crack open the oven door and let the plates cool with the oven.

There you go!  Now you have some simple-to-make plates for your New Year's Eve celebration!





No comments:

Post a Comment