Saturday, December 28, 2013

New Year's Wreath

The craziness of Christmas is behind us and we are just a few days away from ringing in the new year.  2013 has been a fun-filled and blessed one for my family as we have welcomed a new family member into our lives and done a little traveling earlier in the year.

As we get ready to celebrate the start of 2014, the question becomes, "What will we do for New Year's Eve?"  With three kids now, it appears we will be staying home so I decided to make it as fun as possible by decorating.  Over the next few days, I will post my projects for you to enjoy.

Today's project: a New Year's Eve wreath.

First, gather supplies.

I used a foam wreath I had lying around, some garland I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby, some party blowers, and a few mardi gras beads left over from my younger days.



I then used a hot glue gun to glue the garland around the foam wreath as I wrapped the garland around and around.  Because the garland was so fluffy, I didn't have to cover the entire wreath - the tinsel filled out nicely.


Lastly, I added my embellishments.  Be creative!  I would have loved to add a tiara or something too, but the box of NYE gear I purchased was missing them (I know what I am returning tomorrow...)


Now you have a beautiful, sparkly wreath for your door to give your home a festive touch!



No comments:

Post a Comment