Friday, January 17, 2014

{365} Challenge: 52 week Money Challenge


Today's Challenge: 52 Week Money Challenge

If you use Pinterest, I am sure you are familiar with the 52-week money challenge.  The idea is simple and clever - here is a great image that shows how it works by A Helicopter Mom.  I saw this a few months ago, but after talking about it today with the husband, we thought we would give this a try.  

I made the jar above easily enough from items at Hobby Lobby.  The jar was only $2.50 after my coupon.  I used a flat wood circle and dowel from the woodwork section, some E-6000 glue to attach the pieces to the lid, spray-painted them, and now have an adorable jar to collect our money in.

My husband and I are working on getting out of debt, including with vehicles, buying a home, and we would like to take the kids to Walt Disney World later this year.  This savings plan will help us make these goals.



To catch up on my challenges go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment