Saturday, January 4, 2014

{365} Challenge: Closet Challenge


Day 4: Organize and Clean the game/movie closet.

This closet quickly becomes a mess.  My boys love watching movies, but struggle with actually putting DVD's back in their boxes, boxes back in the cardboard sleeves, etc.  I also use this closet to store my bow-making supplies and other craft items.

Over the course of Christmas vacation, this closet became an embarrassment to me.  How can we find anything in here and how can we keep things in good condition?  So, Older Boy and I pulled everything out of the closet and put it out on the kitchen table to sort through.

We pulled out DVD's we didn't watch anymore or just didn't care to have and posted them for sale on several of my Facebook yard sale groups.  Then we organized all of the movies in alphabetical order and put them back in the closet.  I really do need to figure out a better way to store them though, so that they are easily accessible without taking up more space and won't make a mess quickly again when we pick out a movie.  Suggestions welcome!

I then tackled the craft mess and tried to sort items into baskets by type.  I prefer baskets for my craft goodies since they are easy to pull out and grab items from when I am working on a project.


The end result?  Not bad.  Not perfect, but livable for now until I find a solution for my DVD collection.  Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment