Thursday, January 2, 2014

Meal Planning for a Month {January 2014}

As part of my {365} Days of Challenges, Day 1 starts off with planning meals for a month.  I have been planning out my meals for the past few months and it has truly been a life saver.  With Baby B now 4 months old, having the time to plan and prep meals can be hard to come by.  I try to sit down at least once every two weeks and get my recipes and ingredients in order.   Then, I pick a time when the husband is home to spend a few hours in the kitchen prepping, cooking, and freezing.

Many of my go-to recipes now come from Happy Money Saver.  She has a great plan for getting a bunch of meals ready all at once.  I spent around $250 buying food and supplies and made a months worth of meals, thanks to her.  It is incredibly helpful in being organized.

This is our meal plan for January.  I am going back on Paleo eating, so many of the recipes I will modify to fit my way of eating.  Happy Meal Planning!

January Meals

1/1: Tacos with refried beans and Spanish rice
1/2: Turkey Burgers - I am trying to stick to a Paleo diet, so mine will be bunless
1/3:  Baked sweet potato and a spinach salad
1/4:  Cafe Rio Pulled pork - I make several of these and freeze them for another night.  This is a great Crock pot meal.
1/5: Broccoli Chicken - another great Crock Pot meal.  I make three of these at a time and freeze for later.
1/6: Shredded Chicken tacos  - our easy, taco-Tuesday meal
1/7: Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry - this is a new recipe I will be trying
1/8:  Paleo Pepperoni Pizza Casserole - another new recipe to try
1/9: Zucchini Spaghetti and meatballs: I got my meatball recipe from Paleo Comfort Foods.  I make a ton and freeze some of the meatballs for lunches or a post-workout snack.
1/10: Olive, Lemon, and Garlic Chicken - yum!  I end up just cooking chicken breasts though.
1/11: Cumin-Spiced Slow Cooker Pulled Pork - OMG!  This is my favorite pulled-pork recipe.  It is amazing on salads, burritos, or even alone.
1/12:  Brats and asparagus: Just yum!
1/13: Date Night!
1/14: Beef and Barley Stew - this is a delicious comfort food I love eating on a cold night
1/15: Chicken Pot Pie - again, this is one I make two of at a time and freeze the other for another night.
1/16: Panko Crusted pork chops - This is an easy recipe that I will post for you.
1/17:  Chicken Tortilla Soup - another Crock Pot meal that is easy to make and great for a cold evening.
1/18: Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce - this recipe is amazing!  I add meatballs to it.
1/19: Twice Baked Potatoes
1/20: Lemon Pepper Chicken - just place some chicken breasts on a baking sheet, sprinkle lemon pepper over top, and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.  Serve with veggies!
1/21: Cornbread Taco Pie - I received a cast iron skillet for Christmas and this is a simple meal to make using it.
1/22:  Meatloaf - I use the McCormick's seasoning packet and add in some veggies into the meat mixture.
1/23:  Slow Cooker Honey Seasame Chicken - Another easy one to make multiples of and freeze.  Serve over rice, quinoa, or veggies.
1/24: Hamburgers, salad, and tater tots
1/25:  Beef Stew
1/26:  Creamy Lemon Chicken
1/27:  Paleo Chicken Nuggets - these are sooooo good!  I am addicted.
1/28:  Taco Night!
1/29:  Coconut Crusted Tilapia - This is a new recipe I will be trying.
1/30:  Breakfast for dinner - Paleo pancakes from my friend's blog and some sausage and eggs.
1/31:  Lasagna - once again, another great meal that I make three of and freeze.

What's on your meal plan?  Share your recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment