Saturday, February 8, 2014

{365} Challenge: Try a New Recipe


Today's Challenge: Try a New Recipe

Do you get set in your ways in the kitchen?  You know, stuck in a rut of the same old recipes month after month?  I know I have become a victim to sticking to the same ways of doing things, including how I make meals and the products that I purchase.

This morning, I decided to try something different for my husband.  The other day I got a great deal on biscuits, but they needed to be eaten.  I made a bunch for the boys for the slumber party breakfast, but my hubby needs more than just a biscuit, butter, and jam,  I wanted to make him some gravy to go along with him.  Normally, I stick to the package of powdered breakfast gravy (which is what I grew up with.)  Today however, those packets were no where to be found.  I decided to give homemade gravy a try.

After a quick search, I discovered that not only was this recipe easy to make, but I had all of the ingredients on hand.  Score!  I used this recipe from the Pioneer Woman and made the best biscuits and gravy ever in our marriage (according to the hubby.)  I was even a good girl and didn't eat any since I am not eating grains this month.  (Yay for self-control!)

Image from The Pioneer Woman

This recipe will be replacing those packet mixes (and saving me some money in turn!)  Happy Saturday, friends!


Catch up on my other challenges here.

No comments:

Post a Comment