Friday, February 7, 2014

{365} Challenges: Eat More Calories


Today's Challenge: Eat More Calories

I know this seems counter-productive to my goal of losing weight, but at this point the weight is not coming off.  As I search for an explanation and help, adding calories seems to be the logical explanation to my struggle.

If I start with a base daily calorie intake of 1200, I need to add about 500 calories because I breastfeed the baby.  Then, because my workouts are pretty intense, I need to add another 300-500 calories.  That means I should be aiming for 2000-2200 calories a day.

It is very possible that my body is in survival mode and storing fat because I am not eating nearly that much.  The real struggle will be eating enough healthy food to meet this goal.  Guess I should get some chicken breasts ready!

Catch up on my other challenges here.


1 comment: