Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Family Night at the Drive In's


As a kid, my family went to the drive-in's fairly regularly.  Back then there were several we could pick from and it was always a great time.  Since then, they have been closing down which makes me super bummed.

Thankfully though, we still have one in our area, but we do not go as often as I would like.  My husband and I have never been to one together, and the last time I went was over 4 years ago when I took the boys while my husband was away on military orders.

Last night we decided to pack up the Chevy and head out to watch "Maleficent."  In the movies, people head to the drive-in's and sit in their cars, watching through the window (or making out), and little seems to be packed for the excursion.  Do not do this!  Most people lay out in the backs of trucks and  SUV's or sit out in front of their cars.  It is a great community atmosphere!  Here are some suggestions of things to pack to make the evening more enjoyable for your family.  


Blankets or sleeping bags to keep warm
Lawn chairs
Inflatable mattress (to make your truck bed more comfy!)
Pillows
A battery-operated stereo (so you don't drain your car battery while listening to the movie)
Snacks: popcorn, candy, soda, water, granola bars, yogurt covered raisins, etc.
Sweatshirt
Pj's (just wear 'em there)
Napkins

We did not charge our radio long enough and it died 15 minutes into the movie.  There were awesome people next to us though with an amazing sound system in their truck and it was better than the traditional movie theater sound!



What was the last movie you saw at the drive-in's?

What great memories do you have of going when you were younger?


Cast Party Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. I love going to the drive-in!! The last movie I saw there was "Crazy, Stupid, Love," and it was 4 years ago (before we had kids)! I think they need to open more of them, because there's only one in my area as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prices are great so they are a great option for families! Can we protest to bring them back? hehehe!

    ReplyDelete