Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Wrap




I LOVE mixing flavors and textures!  When Taco Bell came out with the Cheesy Gordita Crunch, I was in love....soft and crunchy?!  When chocolate covers bacon, I want to run away with it to the alter.  Food is great, isn't it?

Unfortunately, food makes me fat when I cannot step away so I am always looking out for ways to eat delicious meals that won't compromise my waistline.  The other day in my kitchen, I was playing around with ingredients and stumbled upon this delicious (and HEALTHY) lunch.  The best part?  It was pretty quick to make and under 300 calories.

You will see the picture of my ingredients and you may wonder why the photo shows a spinach wrap, when my wrap CLEARLY is not green.  Well folks, even the best of us forget to read labels.  The spinach wrap is a whopping 210 calories.  While that is fine and dandy when I am spreading hummus on it and wrapping up a little lunch meat, it is not great for this particular recipe when the goal is to keep calories low.



So I opted to swap it out for a regular tortilla which was 170 calories.  An even better option would be a low-carb or whole wheat tortilla or wrap, but I wasn't about to run out to the store for this one thing.

First I seasoned my chicken breast with Cajun seasoning, Garlic & Herb seasoning mix, and coconut aminos.  I sprayed my pan with some coconut oil and let it brown.


Meanwhile...I used my little cast iron pan (these things are kitchen ESSENTIALS!) to cook up the diced pineapple and red bell pepper.  You can leave the bell pepper in larger chunks if you want, but I can only handle them when they are small.



Once they are cooked and peppers have a nice crunch to them, add the Siracha and spicy mustard and combine.  The first time I made this, I was a bit heavy handed with the Siracha - my nose was running it was so hot!  Even with just a tablespoon, you get a nice kick. 

About this time, the chicken should be about done.  Dice it up and toss it in with the pineapple and pepper mix.  Now all you have to do is roll it up in your tortilla and wrap and enjoy!  Grab a napkin; this meal can get messy!

Ingredients: 
1 chicken breast
Cajun seasoning to taste
Garlic & Herb seasoning to taste
1 tbsp coconut aminos
1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
2/3 cup diced pineapple
1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
1 tbsp Siracha 







Cast Party Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment