Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Making Modeling Clay

Yesterday, as my family and I enjoyed our last day of Easter Break, I realized that we had forgotten to create my son's dinosaur project that was due today.  Luckily, I had purchased small rocks and fake grass from Michaels a few days earlier, but had forgotten to purchase clay to make volcanos.

As my husband ran around gathering paint, glue and other supplies from my cluttered craft bench, I worked on creating modeling clay.  This is what I came up with:


Modeling Clay recipe:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cups water

You can add food coloring if you want to change the color.  Since we were planning on painting the molded clay to look like volcanos, I left it white.  After the clay was shaped and inserted into the shoebox, we set it outside in the sun to dry.  It was in the mid 70's yesterday and the clay was dry enough to paint in just 3 hours.

His project turned out great, but of course I forgot to snap a picture of it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment