Sunday, January 19, 2014

{365} Challenge: Tackle the Craft Bench


Today's Challenge: Tackle the Craft Bench

The house we live in was once my grandparent's home and was built in the early 60's.  My grandpa built himself a workbench in the garage which has become my craft bench since we moved in.  What it often becomes is the collect-all for the treasures I find to craft with.  And it looks like this:


 Eee....scary, right?!

I knew this was going to be a challenge.  The bigger challenge may be keeping it clean.  Today's mission was to head out and organize this mess so that I can actually work on it.

I put on my iTunes - listening to Glee soundtracks and some stand up comedy by Tommy Johnagin (goodness, he is funny!) and set myself to work.  Surprisenly, this didn't take me very long.  It was mostly a matter of utilizing the cupboards and putting things where they belonged.


This vintage soda crate makes a great place to store my paints.


My frames are ready to be painted and worked with.


Just some of the ribbons I use to make my beautiful bows for my hobby, Bliss & Bows.

Some cans and jars from an abandoned craft make great holders for pencils, pens, and paintbrushes.

 Little jars are perfect for storing pins, buttons, glitter, and other small items.


Every crafter must own a plethora of spray paints!


Oh, it looks so much better!


 Now I am ready to craft!





No comments:

Post a Comment