Tuesday, January 7, 2014

{365} Challenge: Wash the bed sheets Once a Week


Challenge 7: Wash sheets weekly

There are chores that people often forget about.  Things that need cleaning that we don't always remember to clean.  For me, sheets are one of those things.

I remember growing up I spent a lot of time at my grandmother's, or as I called her, Non.

Non would go through the house changing sheets and making beds.  You didn't have to worry about making your own bed there - that was just something she always did - along with always putting me to bed with Oreos and milk.  Ah, the good ole' days.

I want to be like my Non and be a servant to my family in that way.  While I often do make the bed in our room and occasionally the boy's beds, I only remember to wash bed sheets once a month if we are lucky.

Gross, right?

So I stripped the beds and made the decision to start washing sheets once a week.

Ahhh....so much better.



I washed mine too, but failed to get a picture.  Maybe I will add it later.


Catch up on the other challenges for 2014:
Day 1: Plan out meals for the month
Day 2: Give up soda for the year.
Day 3: Do not get on Facebook while driving.
Day 4: Clean and organize our game/hall closet
Day 5: Read 50 books this year.
Day 6:  No phones at the table
Day 7: Wash the sheets once a week

No comments:

Post a Comment