Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Weight Loss Journey {13 weeks pp}

This is so hard.  Seriously.  I've been hitting the trails and the gym as often as I can, and still the scale doesn't budge.  That is the hardest part about trying to get back into shape.

Several times a week I am at the gym, doing my circuit-style type of workout which totally kicks my butt.  At least 3 times a week I try to go on a walk in the morning before breakfast to kick up my metabolism.  (Which, by the way, almost knocked me over today.  Thank goodness my friend, Christina, had a banana on hand to give me a boost.)  So these workouts, plus breastfeeding, should be doing the trick, right?

I am not writing down my calories often, so that is something I want to work on over this next  month.  Either I am not getting enough calories and my body is in survival mode -OR- I am eating too much.  Personally, I believe the former. 

Another thing I would like to track is my measurements.  I may see some changes there first since muscle weighs more than fat. 

One of the hardest things I have realized (today actually) is that it is super difficult to lose weight while breastfeeding and being in my 30's.  If I diet or exercise too much then it can compromise my milk supply, which in reality, is not okay with me.  Baby B comes first. 

So all of these things are coming to play, which make this journey ever so frustrating and difficult.  I would love to hear some advice from someone who has been in my shoes.  While there are tons of pins on Pinterest that tell you how to lose weight while breastfeeding, what has worked for you?


See the other workouts:
Weight Loss Journey Workouts:

No comments:

Post a Comment